ANA Hotels is ready to receive its guests, with a gradual and cautious return to old and dear habits, chief among them being, of course, the desire to travel. In order to maintain these simple freedoms in the long run and to stay abreast of important developments, ANA Hotels is working closely with REGINA MARIA Healthcare Centre.
In collaboration with their health specialists, we have developed a set of specific procedures in order to increase the safety of our clients in all ANA Hotels properties - Athenee Palace Hilton & Crowne Plaza in Bucharest, Sport & Bradul in Poiana Brașov and Europa in Eforie Nord, starting from applied internal measures, such as enhanced health and safety training in the use of personal protective equipment.
We have also implemented increased measures for cleaning and sanitation of hotels based on flows and procedures prepared in compliance with all official recommendations and those of specialists. According to the MEEMA Order no. 1731/832/2020 regarding the prevention of contamination with the new SARS CoV-2 virus and the progress of activities in a safe environment during the state of alert, the following measures will be observed:
Employees: Hotel staff member will strictly adhere the basic measures for protection against COVID-19, such as:
- hand hygiene;
- physical distancing;
- keeping away from touching the eyes, nose and mouth;
- respiratory hygiene etiquette;
- follow the recommendation to stay at home and seek medical attention from the general practitioner if there are symptoms of coronavirus.
At hotel receptions:
- We have installed all the necessary protective equipment for employee and guest convenience, such as masks, protection partition panels, dispensers with disinfectant solution;
- We are closely monitoring relevant incidents, such as requests for medical examination or cases of high temperature
Guest rooms: enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols of the rooms, with special focus on high touch areas; The rooms and public areas are thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants approved by the Minister of Health.
SPA therapy rooms and Outdoor Recreation areas: We have put in place enhanced cleaning and disinfection measures, including to cover the sunbeds and other objects used around outdoor swimming pools, kids’ playgrounds or the private beach. The pool water is treated according to DSP rules and, in the case of the Techirghiol Pool with fills with saltwater from the lake, the high salinity of the water will remove or inactivate any trace of the virus.
Hotels public areas: We have increased the cleaning frequency of our public areas, with special focus on hotels receptions, SPA receptions, waiting areas, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public toilets, etc. Safe protocols for elevator traffic and clear physical distance instructions are brought into customers attention. Use the elevators only if it is strictly necessary and only by at most two people at once or members of the same family, who shall wear protective mask while using the elevator.
Restaurants and bars: We are constantly updating the catering services according to the latest recommendations regarding employees, guests and food safety. We have also increased the number of dispensers with sensors for hand disinfection, being present both in the spaces for customers and in those for employees.
Administrative areas: the protocols for daily employee screening are in place. We will be checking the body temperature of each employee on duty from the moment they start the working day; in the working areas, the frequency of cleaning has also been increased.
Thus, when our guests are free to travel again and choose to come to any of the ANA Hotels destinations (Bucharest, Eforie Nord, Poiana Brasov), they will be able to fully enjoy their stay, with all confidence in the quality, professionalism and safety of our services.
We would like to inform you that in all ANA Hotels properties the regulations regarding the personal data protection, privacy and confidentiality rights are fully respected, throughout the guests monitoring process.
Please note the following when booking:
1. Inside the hotel
- As long as legislation requires it mandatory, in closed public areas, wear a protective mask;
- Follow the updated information on the health and safety measures.
- Avoid travel if any specific symptom of Covid 19 occur;
- As long as legislation requires it mandatory, we will monitor the temperature of all the guests, using touchless thermo-scanning;
- If the guests display respiratory symptoms during their stay, they will be instructed to stay in their rooms until the medical examination will be done (hotel management will take care of this immediately and be able to provide hygiene recommendations if required).
- The hotel staff will permanently promote the measures of physical distance, wearing a mask, hands cleaning and respiratory hygiene etiquette;
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed within the hotel- among staff or guests- the management of the hotel will contact the Public Health Centre for epidemiological investigations.
2. Please consult the following information:
- What is physical distancing? No hugging, kissing or shaking hands while interacting to other people. It means keeping a distance of at least 1.5 m from others, especially from people who show symptoms of coronavirus.
- What is hand hygiene? It means cleaning the hands regularly and thoroughly, either with soap or an alcohol-based disinfectant, following any contact with money, credit cards, high-touch surfaces or other people.
- What is respiratory hygiene? It means covering the nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing, either with a tissue or elbow. The used tissue must be disposed of immediately at a safe place.
3. Spa & Cosmetic Treatments
- Prior reservation is needed in order to have access to our spa services and enjoy a service without waiting time or crowded spaces.
- Upon check-in, guests will be informed of our precautionary measures: temperature and health screening (anyone registering higher than 37,3 degrees Celsius or showing any respiratory symptoms is liable to be denied access.
4. Information update during the state of alert - The following measures are currently in place and may be subjected to further change in compliance with the protective measures issued by the national authorities:
- During this initial stage, our hotel bars and restaurants will be closed. According to the latest information, terraces will open from the 1st of June, 2020; restaurants will only partially open for business on the 15th of June, 2020 and will function at full capacity by the 1st of July, 2020 with strict safety procedures in place. Meanwhile, room service is available.
- The hotel fitness centres, the sauna, the inside pool and balneary treatments will not be available to the public for the time being.
- Leisure activities at the beach or around the pools are suspended until the 15th of June, 2020.
5. Cancellation Policy
In response to these unprecedented marketplace conditions, Ana Hotels is committed to ensuring our guests flexibility and trust during these challenging times.
We will waive our cancellation fees if you wish to change or cancel any individual early booking, package or guaranteed booking for stays until 4 June 2020, up to 48 hours prior to arrival. Individual guestroom reservation refunds of any kind may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. Changes of dates, however, may be subject to availability and rate differences.
As always, individual future bookings that do not have an early booking or package rate policy can be cancelled up to 2-7 days before arrival, without any charge. Any Special Event cancellations will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the hotels. For Group Bookings we will also work closely with you on a case by case basis to manage any changes or cancellations.
If your booking was made via an online travel agent (booking.com, expedia.com, etc) or other third-party travel professional (Hotelbeds, DOTW, etc) you should contact the booking provider to make amendments.
If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed within the hotel, among staff or guests, the management of the hotel will contact the Public Health Centre for an epidemiological investigation and will take the proper measures to ensure the general safety.
Travel and holidays are a way of life for our In by Ana Hotels members. While it is the right thing to do now, it’s hard not to be able to travel. We know that earning and using points is not possible for many of you right now, so we are making a number of adjustments to help you maintain your status and points across the remainder of 2020.
We want you to enjoy the benefits you have earned through our loyalty program. Therefore, we will extend all loyalty points and freeze the Gold and Platinum status that were supposed to expire by June 30, 2020 for another 12 months.
Life may not resume right from the point where we've left it a few months back. Still, it pushes forward, to a new crossroad where our shared love for traveling, adventure, and connectedness will hopefully engage our efforts in so many meaningful ways.
Until then, rest assured that your loyalty status and accumulated points are safe with us. We hope you stay safe as well!
See you soon
21 May 2020